How much does it cost to be a member?
- Dues are $40.00/month or $430/year.
What about family memberships?
- First member is normal dues, subsequent members are $20/month, $215/year
- Read more about our family membership policies on our Membership page
Do I have to be a member to use your facilities?
- Yes and no. You can come in during our open house every Tuesday 7-9, come to our events, or tag along with a member to enter the space without a membership. However, tool usage, project storage, and unrestricted access requires a membership.
What does membership provide
- Once you attain Full Membership status, it gives you unrestricted access to our facilities, and voting rights to our organization, and tool and storage access.
Where do I park?
- There is metered parking available along the West side of the building. After 6pm or on weekends, it is free. The turn lane on the South side of the building is also available for parking during weekends or evenings. Avoid parking in the alley. We do not own, lease, or have parking rights to it. Be warned the owner is aggressive and vigilant with attaching we-will-tow-you stickers to cars left in the alley.
How do I become a member?
- Pay here on our website, and come in during an open house to get your key. Email the forum if you need to visit during a different time.
Can you 3D print/laser cut/build my project for me?
- You are welcome to ask members if they'd like the job and how much they'd charge, but no, we do not offer fabrication services as an organization, nor are we responsible for any work our members take on.
- For local high quality 3D printing, we suggest using HartSmart Products, use code "Area515" for 15% off orders over $15.
Do you offer classes?
- Our members teach classes on a variety of topics on their own schedules. We list them all on our Events Page and our social media sites.
- We are open to outside teachers using our space as a classroom. Our instructor policies will be listed on our Class Policies Page.
Where can I follow what you're up to?