3D Printer tips
Everyone add your own favorite 3D printer information links!
- http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRap - Glossary of terms and firmware downloads:
- http://reprap.org/wiki/Marlin - Marlin Firmware: (someone mentioned needing info on this firmware in particular)
- http://www.3ders.org/ - 3D Printing News:
- http://openbuilds.org/ - Open Source 3D printer Kits and Printers:
- http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code - Has specific information about print esoteric commands
- http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode.html - quick reference
- http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/overview.html - detailed linuxcnc gcode information
- http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/m-code.html - separate mcode information
- https://ohai.lulzbot.com - This is all stuff for Lulzbot printers, but if someones building a from-scratch TAZ or the like its very useful (I used it with mine)
- http://download.lulzbot.com - All the source files for lulzbot printers (and some parts they remixed from other printers)
- https://www.lulzbot.com/store - The lulzbot store is a decent place to buy parts
- http://forum.seemecnc.com/index.php - The SeeMeCNC forum is a good place for troubleshooting their printers
- http://forums.reprap.org/index.php - Good place for general RepRap discussion
- http://openbuildspartstore.com - A good place to buy extrusions and some specialty stuff
- https://ultimachine.com - Good PLA filament, they also make the RAMBo and MiniRAMBo controllers
- http://www.ultibots.com - Quite a bit of delta parts, and they sell a few kits. One of the best places to buy decent GT2 belt on the cheap that I’ve found
- http://www.tridprinting.com - Mini Kossel kit parts. They also sell good geared stepper motors and several kapton bed heaters
- http://www.panucatt.com - Several specialty printer/CNC controllers. They also sell some nice 32x drivers that fit into pololu sockets that can handle 2A or so
- https://www.think3dprint3d.com - Old website for the duet, IMO the best 32 bit RepRap controller. You can buy the old Duet 0.8.5 and related stuff here
- https://www.duet3d.com - New site for the duet. You can preorder the new DuetWifi here (I got a beta board and its quite nice)
- https://www.proto-pasta.com - Several unique filaments can be bought here
- http://e3d-online.com - Makers of the E3D hotend. They also sell filament, misc printer parts, and a couple other hotend designs they make
- http://www.filastruder.com - Makers of the Filastruder filament extruder. They also are official US resellers of E3D hotends and Duet electronics boards
- http://repables.com - SeeMeCNC’s stl host site (like thingiverse)
- https://www.youmagine.com - Ultimaker’s stl host site
Working with 3D Files, preparing models for printing, or learning about 3D Printing:
- https://www.3dhubs.com/what-is-3d-printing - 3DHubs' Guide to 3D Printing - Great overview of the different types of 3D Printing, what it's good for, and the history behind it.
- https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net/ - Netfabb Cloud - Free model repair service.
- http://www.meshmixer.com/ - Autodesk MeshMixer - Free and powerful tool for altering and fixing STLs.
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjF7R1fz_OOVsMp6nKnpjsXSQ45nxfORb - Adafruit Layer by Layer - Excellent how-to videos for using Autodesk Fusion 360 to make real things
- http://www.thingiverse.com/ - Thingiverse - The biggest online 3D Printing file repository on the Internets. Not everything is great, but a lot of it is!