How much does it cost to be a member?
- Dues are $40.00/month or $430/year.
How do I become a member?
- Pay here on our website, and come in during an open house to get your key. Email the forum if you need to visit during a different time.
Do I need to wait until the first of the month to buy a membership?
- Nope! Your membership starts the day we give you your key, which may be a few days after you pay depending on when you can meet up with us to get it.
What about family memberships?
- First member is normal dues, subsequent members are $20/month, $215/year
- Kids under 16 are free with their parent's membership, but must be accompanied by that parent at all times.
- Read more about our family membership policies on our Membership page
Do I have to be a member to use your facilities?
- Yes and no. You can come in during our open house every Tuesday 7-9, come to our events, or tag along with a member to enter the space without a membership. However, tool usage, project storage, and unrestricted access requires a membership.
What does membership provide
- Paid members get unrestricted access to the space, use of all tools, storage space, and discounts on classes.
- Once you attain Full Membership status, it gives you all of the above, plus voting rights to our organization and the ability to host events at the space.
Are there penalties for skipping months?
- None at all! We have many members who are only able to use the space part of the year. You can keep your key and we'll reactivate it when you start paying dues again.
What tools do you have?
- We have a Tool List that we try to keep updated. Our Wish List will give you an idea of what we're hoping to have soon.
Where do I park?
- There are three spaces in front of the loading dock next to our front door.
- Street parking is free all around the space.
- Outside of business hours, parking is available in the spaces along the north and east sides of the building. (Our neighbor's employees have rights to these spaces within business hours.)
- Please do not block the sidewalk leading up to our neighbor's door or the gated driveway between buildings.
Can you 3D print/laser cut/build my project for me?
- You are welcome to ask members on the forum if they'd like the job and how much they'd charge, but no, we do not offer fabrication services as an organization, nor are we responsible for any work our members take on.
- For local high quality 3D printing, we suggest using HartSmart Products, use code "Area515" for 15% off orders over $15.
Do you loan out your tools?
- No, the tools we have need to stay in the workshop so it can be the best it can be. If you need tools for a home project, Habitat ReStore has a great tool lending library available.
Do you offer classes?
- Our members teach classes on a variety of topics on their own schedules. We list them all on our Events Page and our social media sites.
- We are open to outside teachers using our space as a classroom. Our instructor policies are listed on our Class Policies Page.
Where can I follow what you're up to?