Meeting August - 2020
8/5/2020 - Area 515 Board Meeting
- President: Dave
- Vice President: Jake
- Secretary: Brad
- Director: Jason
- Director of Education: Bailey
- Director: Tom
- Treasurer: Meg
Secretary's Note: Some members were present via Google Hangout.
- No update on 4H agreement
- Our liability waiver was deemed "pretty solid" by the legal-type person who reviewed it. No changes needed.
- All members should sign the new Code of Conduct. It would be nice if we could do this via SalesForce. [SalesForce status is unchanged since this recap from December 2019]
- We should scan all the waivers we have - Brad volunteered to work on this.
Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting
Vote to approve minutes from previous meeting. In Favor: 7 Opposed: 0 Result: PASSED.
- Facebook check has been deposited
Membership Update: 62
- Dave will work on it this Friday.
Large Tool Buy
- The Tool Steward meeting got kind of rambly. Need to make financial decisions on electricity. It was decided to purchase a Rotary Phase Converter.
- We will start by making a backdraft damper for the Metal Shop. Measurements were taken and components can be purchased.
- Wood will be purchased to make more cubicles.
- Other possible expenses were discussed including: materials for tables, possibly a welder
- Another Tool Steward meeting will be held to make final decisions.
Front Sign Update
- The metal cutout needs to be redone, otherwise all the materials have been purchased including the plexiglass.
- SHR cases were discussed.
Vote to continue member 1 rate with no change. In Favor: 7 Opposed: 0 Result: PASSED.
- Vote to renew member 2 SHR.
In Favor: 1 Opposed: 3 Abstained: 2 Result: Member 2's SHR will not be renewed.
- Caroline is setting up a Gitbook account for the space. River City Labs uses it effectively.
- We need to update Open House notifications online.
- Jason and Brad will work on filming a Tour of the Space
- Carlin has been upgrading stuff in the Metal Shop. We now have a post vice and a DeWalt Impact Gun
- Wood Shop now has a set of carbide lathe tools.
- Ryan R is starting a "To Do" board on Trello.
Classes & Events
- No classes scheduled.
- Tech Journey will not do a maker class this fall.
- In the future it will be better to focus on redoing successful classes rather than focusing on new classes.
- Dave made a custom "10" for the classroom wall clock.
- Bailey made a shared Google Drive available to all and is sharing docs on it.
End of Meeting
- The Secretary failed to record an appropriately humerus comment or anecdote and would like to officially apologize.