Meeting June - 2019

From Area515
Revision as of 13:17, 6 July 2019 by Brad (talk | contribs) (Follow Ups from Previous Meetings)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

6/5/2019 - Area 515 Board Meeting

Attending:

President: Dave
Treasurer: Meg
Director of Education: Bailey
Director: Jason
Director: Tom

Absent:

Vice President: Ray
Secretary: Brad

In Secretary's absence, meetings notes taken by Treasurer.

Follow Ups from Previous Meetings

  • Jason will add fundraiser info for woodshop stuff to Facebook after Jake sends make and model # info
    • One item already here
    • One item at Jake's shop
    • One item still in transit
  • We got $500 from John Deere
  • Bailey still needs to reorder soldering kits
  • Bailey will add PayPal buttons for fundraising
  • Metal Shop fund was -$20, but Dave paid $20 dues in cash so now Metal Shop fund is at $0
  • New Debit Card is here, hooray!
  • Bailey made, and Caroline attached, stickers to go on all tools for which require training
    • The image for this is available on google drive for any further use
  • Chris needs remit for 3D printer expenses
  • Capitol Crossroads lunch was successful. Lots of people took info.
  • Painting class was not held as no one signed up
    • Jyll is willing to try again
    • Bailey willing to advertise

Space Improvment Discussions

  • Discussed website updates - Can Waukee APEX do it with Caroline supervising? This would happen in the fall
  • No further info on SalesForce. Caroline met with Karisa last month and worked on door access.
  • Need to buy stuff for vacuum former & Bailey's stuff
  • We need gas bottle and regulator hose for welder. Brad contacted Praxair but no response.
  • Talked about member meeting.
  • We are missing Bosch router
  • People should put tools back.
  • Tool Stewards should monitor spreadsheet. Discussed ways to get current members trained.
  • Chris may get some items from John Deere, more to donate, like tables and tops
  • Will do "In for $10" for radio mast
  • Reminder to close gates
  • Bailey will add lift and Metal Shop buttons to website.

Upcoming Classes

  • Automotive class July 20
  • Jason to do guitar maintenance class in August
  • Wood Burning workshop canceled
  • Stained Glass workshop on 6/23
    • One section for Middle School
    • The rest open to all

New Metal Steward

   Vote to make Caroline a Metal Shop Steward.
   In Favor: 5
   Opposed: 0
   Result: PASSED.

New Person to Track Membership?

  • Big Nope.
  • Discussed having 2 weekly backups for Brad

=Who Should Post About Classes?"

  • Bailey will work on this.

End of Meeting

  • This humorous comment has been intentionally left blank. Mainly because nobody remembers anything funny from the meeting.