Meeting March - 2017
Makerspace Board Meeting Minutes
6:45 PM 3/1/2017
Board Attendees: Ben, Tim, Brad, Ward, Meg
Member Attendees: Bailey, Chris
State of the Space:
- Work permits are in for the apartments but not the back/new space.
- 42 members, 45 if accounts are made current
- We got an article in the paper.
- Soldering demonstration went well.
- Summer classes are planned, but no money.
- Four potential interns, Brad will help interview
- Seven artist residency applicants; application review on 4/7 or 4/8; possible Pioneer money for art show.
- $21k in the bank.
- ~$200/mo. profit, accounting for rent increase at new space.
- Tim will explore finding a volunteer from the spouse of an H1-B holder, to help us with technical issues. Voted 5/7 to create position.
Events and Workshops:
- LMG (sp?) Security wants to pay us $100/registrant (from a $500 fee) for a class they would like to hold. They want to give an intro talk without paying us. They will hold the paying class by the end of summer.
- Redbull wants to give us Redbull, NSA.
- We agree that we would require ongoing financial support if a company would like ongoing product/logo placement.
- Brad will create and send out a survey to gauge members’ attitudes on sponsorship.
- We need to start vetting members/photocopying drivers’ licenses.
- We will upgrade the security system to at least 4 cameras (prefer 6)
- Board grants (5/7) conditional approval of up to $1500 for security upgrades.
- We will consider new/better insurance policies for the future.