Meeting March - 2019

From Area515
Jump to: navigation, search

3/6/2018 - Area 515 Board Meeting

Attending:

President: Dave
Vice President: Ray
Treasurer: Meg
Director of Education: Bailey

Absent:

Secretary: Brad
Director: Jason
Director: Tom

Front Door

  • No change yet.
  • Weather stripping falling off - need to change. Will use finish nails
  • Dave added reminder to door on how to close up if you're last one in space

Social Media Committee

  • Has not met yet. Bailey will meet with Caroline.

Soldering Class

  • Saturday, March 9; have posted some on Facebook

Metal Shop Electric

  • Will get wired up Sunday, March 24 by Steve, Dave & Jason. A new member, a retired electrician will help

CNC Group Meeting

  • On Saturday
  • Option for Reg's machine is gone
  • Paul would like to trade robot arms for other stuff

Financials

DIY or Don't

  • Had bad weather, was not a huge success. Had low sales.
    • $100 Book
    • $134 Printing
    • Got $50 net sales

Other Expenses

  • Metal shop spent $52.84
  • 3D printer spent $95 & $61

CD

  • Megan will check rates

New Members

  • 4 this week

Sales Force Demo

  • Done by Ray and Karissa with help from Caroline
  • 10 licenses
  • Tabs at top
  • Contact > Members > Households; family members would be in same household
  • Could also use this for Grant organizations
  • This is super cool!!!
  • They will work on functionality of door keys
  • Caroline & Karissa would like to have completely functional in 3 months

Parking

  • NO parking at Post Office across the street!

Grants

  • Iowa STEM grant submitted
  • Discussed need to apply for more grants

3D Printing

  • They want a door

4H

  • Bailey has a new contact with 4H, Altoona extension

IEEE Meeting

  • Held here last week; potential source of new members

DM Engineers Club

  • Bailey giving some tours to them on 3/14

Game Night

  • 3/22