Meeting November - 2020
Revision as of 18:35, 4 January 2021 by Brad (Created page with "'''11/4/2020 - Area 515 Board Meeting''' '''Attending:''' :President: Dave :Vice President: Jake :Treasurer: Meg :Secretary: Brad :Director: Jason :Director: Tom :Director: R...")
11/4/2020 - Area 515 Board Meeting
- President: Dave
- Vice President: Jake
- Treasurer: Meg
- Secretary: Brad
- Director: Jason
- Director: Tom
- Director: Ryan
Secretary's Note: Some members were present via Google Hangout.
- Waivers have been scanned, will get transferred to space's Google Drive in near future
- Front Sign Update - Still on to do list, no updates since last month
- Auto Amazon order - a recurring order has been set up. A Google sheet will be created to list the items on it
- Security Cameras have been up and running for the last 9 days! Dave is planning to order more cameras for the system. Dave and Don are mainly responsible for setting system up
- Tweezers were purchased and one pair was put in medicine cabinet
Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting
Vote to approve minutes from previous meeting. In Favor: 7 Opposed: 0 Result: PASSED.
New Board Discussion
- The board email list receives a lot of spam. We should probably try to filter that
- Bailey has been removed from the board email list and added to the Tools email list.
- We were in the black for the year by $7k for the year. Including the $2700 we got from Facebook
Membership Update: 64
Large Tool Buy
- Not much movement since last meeting. A spreadsheet with the items exists, but needs to be prioritized
- Some discussed fear of buying a TIG welder that won't work
- We're not in a hurry to acquire more space from Jerry. Currently his orange Opel is there and he's trying to sell it.
- Shun has requested a list of things we want to sell on ebay. The red engine hoist belonging to Chris is one item on that list.
- Meg managed to add the space's PO Box to her USPS account so we don't have to physically send a check every year to pay for it.
- Benevity registration needs to be renewed.
- The pad has been marked out. Next step is to dig 3" down and pour the concrete.
- Dave will ask Jerry about where to put the dirt.
- Should need roughly 20 cubic feet of rough aggregate for an 8 x 10 pad. People will investigate best place to buy from
- Members discussed hiring someone to do the work vs members doing it themselves
- Digging the area will probably be the easy part compared to pouring the concrete. It's estimated that hiring someone to pour the concrete would be around $200
Classes & Events
- No classes scheduled.
- Since the Director of Education stepped down, there was discussion about making the "education@area..." email address into a listserv
- Carlin offered to help with Tech Journey maker camp. The format is expected to go back to being a week long like it was in the past.
End of Meeting
- "Be like Norm Abrams, you never change a bit you just pick up a different drill"