Meeting September - 2020

From Area515
Jump to: navigation, search

9/2/2020 - Area 515 Board Meeting

Attending:

President: Dave
Vice President: Jake
Treasurer: Meg
Secretary: Brad
Director: Jason
Director of Education: Bailey
Director: Tom

Absent:


Also Attending:

Caroline
Ward

Secretary's Note: Some members were present via Google Hangout.

Old Business

  • Jake volunteered to scan all our liability waivers so we have digital copies.

Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting

   Vote to approve minutes from previous meeting.
   In Favor: 7
   Opposed: 0
   Result: PASSED.

Financials

  • Board was updated on amount of funds in banks accounts, CDs and money market accounts.
  • Money market account made $15 in interest
  • The 14 month CD will mature on 10/15/2020
  • Not counting contributions, we've made $1600 so far this year. With contributions we've made over $9k this year
  • Tom mentioned "Birdies for Charity" a golf fund raising event. Another organization Tom works with gave the event $50k and got $55k back.

Membership Update: 63

Security Camera

  • 3 cameras are currently set up. At least one runs at 720p. We also have another 3 low resolution cameras we can add. We need to run more cables and purchase at least 2 exterior IP cameras. The computer CPU handles the load without issue. We will setup IP cameras to only record motion.
  • We still have about $125 left over from sale of Bailey's parents' car.

Large Tool Buy

  • A document has been created, but few details have been entered yet. Tool Stewards need to record exactly what they want purchased and put prices next to each item.
  • Another Tool Steward meeting will need to be scheduled
  • Jake will put the CNC tool on, but only has 1.5 months to work on it, he has something in mind.

Space Expansion

  • Dave briefly spoke with our landlord, Jerry. He's not exactly ready for us to expand our space yet.

Front Sign Update

  • Tom wants help figuring out where to tap into electrical wiring. There are drops above the drop ceiling, some of them work but some of them don't. Will run POE injection to outdoor security cameras.

Gitbook Update

  • Nobody is against migrating our current wiki over to gitbook. The gitbook editor is less confusing to use than the wiki.
  • Overall goal is to keep things simple.
  • Caroline will need access to DNS setting to reroute the wiki to the new gitbook.

Space Updates

  • Storage Boxes Project - Currently they are "box shaped." Jeff has spent many hours constructing them. Currently he is putting on trim, then will stain and seal and cut shelves to put in place.
  • Jason will be converting our lighting fixtures away from florescent bulbs. He needs to find a way to dispose of the bulbs safely.
  • Textiles Room will undergo a massive remodel. They will sell the postal desk to help raise money for it.
  • Next member meeting and nominations for next Board of Directors was discussed. Brad will work on scheduling it and set up a nomination thread on the Google Group.
  • Tom wants to repaint interior of the front door.
  • A sewing machine sold for $25
  • Upgrades to the metal mini mill are about $260. The board decided it would decide where the money would come from later in the week. Caroline has successfully milled some stuff with it already. It's not perfect but it's a start.

Classes & Events

  • No classes scheduled.
  • Bailey is stepping down from the board so there will no longer be a Director of Education. However outreach and education is part of our charter so how to continue doing that was discussed.

End of Meeting

  • "I remember throwing away a mostly empty can of shellac at least 3 times." - Jason
  • "Ah, the Great Confusion Machine called the Stock Market." - Tom